Day 26: re-sourcing

What role do weekends and holidays play in your teaching?


     Nothing special about my weekends. By the time Friday rolls around I am out of juice, so I use my weekends like most people, to do what I don't have time for during the week. Housework, the necessary evil, but also spending time with my family, cooking, reading, watching movies and of course, preparing for the next week of learning.
    My holidays have a dual purpose: to explore new developments and materials for my teaching and to regain my energy for the school year to come. I spend most of my holidays in France, so I don't loose contact with the language and the culture. From time to time I go on a professional development course, or I travel with the family. Either way, my students benefit in the end, because they get me back re-sourced and full of new ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Henry Searle

Day 14: feedback

Day 29: It's all history.