Day 7: It's my drawer, after all.

What's in your desk drawer and what can you infer from those contents?


     Not a good question. I have about 5 desk drawers and for most of the time I just throw random things into them that I don't want to see on top of my desk. You could infer from that that I am a slob, but that would not be entirely true. I like my desk to be organized in a way I can find the things I need. Anything I don't like or need has to go in the drawer, out of sight.
     I also don't like throwing things out. Just in case. This dates back to my time in Russia where everything was a commodity and you never knew when that pen, piece of paper, card, ruler, cream... could come in handy. You could be sure though that whenever you needed that something, it would definitely not be available in the stores at that particular time. Hence the repository of weird stuff.
    Now I do force myself to throw things out from time to time, but it's not a priority. The drawer is a bit like myself, not too organized, but full of useful stuff that will come in handy when you need it most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Henry Searle

Day 14: feedback

Day 29: It's all history.