Day 21: Et si on regardait un bon film?

Do you have other hobbies/interests that you bring into your classroom teaching? Explain.


     Not intentionally. Although I do suppose that my interests are reflected in the ways I teach and the topics I choose. I love to read and so I believe reading in any language is vital for language development. Books and magazines make up part of my curriculum at any level.
     Literature and the arts are what I know most about, so I bring these into my lessons whenever I can.  And then there is French cinema. Whenever I get a chance and I can find a place for them in my units, we watch movies together and have discussions and projects based on these. Serious movies like "Intouchables" or "Persepolis" and "Amelie Poulain", but also lighthearted comedies like "Bienvenue chez les chtis", can be treasure troves filled with French culture and great for listening comprehension.We are not surrounded by French culture, so these movies also provide my students with real life situations and contemporary language used in context.
     I like to escape everyday life myself and exploring unfamiliar cultural situations and who better to share it with than my students?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Henry Searle

Day 14: feedback

Day 29: It's all history.