Day 9: the bucket list

The bucket list

It was inevitable. The bucket list is without doubt one of the most popular things to come out of our social media culture. So here we go:

Share 5 random facts about yourself:

1) I love my son Felix and think he's the best thing that ever happened to me.
2) I don't like mobile phones. I don't understand what people have to talk or SMS about all day and I much rather talk to the person face to face. They should be for emergencies only, or for people who are abroad and have no other options.
3) In my opinion the power of laughter is underestimated. When I have a bad day, the only thing that saves me is a good laugh and I feel very lucky that I am working in a school. One of the kids will make me laugh, so few days go by without having laughed at least once.
4) My favorite place in the world is our house in France. On the terrace in the summer with my family, my dog and some of my best friends.
5) I am one of the very few people (at least according to my husband) who considers  watching any kind of sports a waste of time.

Share 4 things from your bucket list

1) Go on a cruise on a luxury liner with my family
2) Write a book
3) Visit India again
4) Take my son on a road trip through the US   

Share 3 things that you hope for this year as a person or an educator

1) I hope my students will keep enjoying my classes
2) I hope our language department will continue to be as fun and cooperative as ever
3) I hope we finally get a Grade book and grading system we can keep

Share 2 things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator

1) Weird translations always make me laugh. (Pour Noël ma grand-mère prépare toujours la Turquie)
2)  The fact that still not all children in the world have a chance to go to school makes me cry.

Share 1 thing you wish more people knew about you

 I believe that every child has a talent (maybe they are not always that obvious) and we should do our very best to uncover what that talent is.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Henry Searle

Day 14: feedback

Day 29: It's all history.