Day 10: Carpe Diem

What is your favorite part of the school day and why?


     Having always been a morning person, my favorite moment of the school day is before class starts. I usually swim in the morning and that gives me about 45 minutes between getting out of the pool and starting class. 
     During those 45 minutes the deserted hallways slowly fill up, as one by one students trickle in more or less ready for another day of learning. I have time to chat to some of them, just informally, about all kinds of things. Sometimes I pop into a colleague's class, because we often have no time to connect during our busy day or into the library to see if there are any new exciting books.
     I make it to my room, leaving the door open in case someone has a question or wants a chat, and make myself a cup of tea. I'll go over the day's classes in my head, making sure that I am prepared for all eventualities. Students will make it to my room in twos and threes and the silence is soon replaced by (mostly) happy chatter and laughing.
     None of us knows what the day will hold, but this is my favorite moment because we all know that anything can happen and we're all bound to learn something new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Henry Searle

Day 14: feedback

Day 29: It's all history.